The Warner Online Psychology major delves into the complexities of the human mind, behavior, and emotions through the lens of a Christian worldview. Explore psychological theories, cognitive processes, and social dynamics while gaining insights into the depths of human experience.
Program Mission and Outcomes
This program combines rigorous coursework, research opportunities, and practical experiences to equip students with the knowledge and skills needed for meaningful engagement in counseling, research, or related fields. Develop a deep understanding of human nature while embracing Christian principles of compassion, ethics, and holistic care. Prepare to make a positive impact on individuals and communities, guided by faith and a passion for understanding and serving others.
- Designed to work around your career
- Completely online
- Two courses every 8 weeks
- Accelerated degree completion program
- Financial assistance and tuition scholarships available
Freshman Admission Requirements
Applicants must meet at least two of the three criteria to be admitted.
- Graduation from high school with academic rank in the upper half of their graduating class
- A high school grade point average of 2.25 or higher
- A composite score on the ACT of 18 or combined SAT I score of 940
Transfer Student Admission Requirements
(24 or more hours. Those with fewer than 24 hours are subject to Freshman Admission Requirements)
Must be in good academic and have at least a GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Complete an Application.
- Submit official transcripts from each college or university you have attended, if applicable, or supply a high school or GED transcript if there are no transferable college or university credits.
- Applicants not meeting admissions requirements may appeal to the Admitting and Registration Committee
The required Bachelor of Arts in Psychology courses (36 – credit hours) are:
|PSY 2010||Lifespan Development||3|
|PSY 3030||Social Psychology||3|
|PSY 3040||Personality Theories||3|
|PSY 3050||Abnormal Psychology||3|
|PSY 3060||Psychological Testing||3|
|PSy 4010||Methods of Social Research||3|
|PSY 4020||Counseling Theories||3|
|PSY 4030||Cognitive Psychology||3|
|PSy 4060||History of Psychology||3|
|Six (6) additional credit hours from the following:|
|PSY 3022||Sports Psychology||3|
|PSY 3045||Special Topics in Psychology||3|
|PSY 4050||Industrial / Organizational Psychology||3|
|PSY 4080||Adult Development and Aging||3|
|SWK 3034||Death and Dying||3|
Answer God’s Call
About Warner University
Warner University is a distinctly Christian university that strives to make a Christian liberal arts education accesible to all. We are committed to guiding individuals toward Christ-like character and intellectual maturity while equipping them to serve. We are located in beautiful Lake Wales, Florida, which is nearly the exact center of the Florida peninsula. We are just a short drive away from rapidly growing cities such as Lakeland and Winter Haven. At Warner we offer a variety of in-person and online degree plans. Choose Warner and answer God’s call, receiving an education that helps you pursue your dreams and grow closer to Christ.