Mental Health Ministry
Mental Health Ministry
Are you serving in full-time ministry and would like to begin or finish your degree? Do you have a desire to serve more effectively in the local church? Warner University’s online Mental Health Ministry degree will work within your busy schedule. This entirely online degree takes the academic rigor and instructional excellence of Warner’s campus-based ministry program and packages it into an online format.
Program Mission and Outcomes
The mission of the Non-Traditional Education programs is to engage the Warner online community with a Christ-centered worldview and to prepare students/graduates for effective leadership and service, which supports the institutional mission of guiding individuals toward Christ-like character and intellectual maturity while equipping them to serve.
Students pursuing the Mental Health Ministry degree (B.A.) will meet the following five outcomes which coordinate with Warner University’s mission to provide academic excellence and a Christian learning environment.
Proposed Outcomes for the online Mental Health Ministry (B.A) program:
- Students/graduates will demonstrate the ability to identify, explain, and effectively communicate the essential message of the gospel of Jesus Christ, including not only the universal good news it communicates about what God has done in, through, and by Jesus Christ, but also the personal response of repentance and faith for which it calls.
- Students/graduates will demonstrate familiarity with and the ability to identify and/or explain the basic contents of and the theology and themes found within the various books and portions of the Old and New Testaments of the Bible.
- Students/graduates will demonstrate basic familiarity with and undergraduate-level competence in making use of the literary and hermeneutical methods and procedures necessary to interpret the various books and portions of the Old and New Testaments in light of their respective historical, social, and cultural contexts.
- Students/graduates will demonstrate familiarity with and the ability to identify and/or explain various mental health issues encountered in ministry contexts.
- Students/graduates will demonstrate familiarity with and undergraduate-level competence in identifying, selecting, and executing the best approaches practices, and/or referrals and consultations to address these mental health ministry opportunities, needs, concerns, or questions.
- Designed to work around your career
- Completely online
- Two courses every 8 weeks
- Accelerated degree completion program
- Financial assistance and tuition scholarships available
Freshman Admission Requirements
Applicants must meet at least two of the three criteria to be admitted.
- Graduation from high school with academic rank in the upper half of their graduating class
- A high school grade point average of 2.25 or higher
- A composite score on the ACT of 18 or combined SAT I score of 940
Transfer Student Admission Requirements
(24 or more hours. Those with fewer than 24 hours are subject to Freshman Admission Requirements)
Must be in good academic and have at least a GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Complete an Application.
- Submit official transcripts from each college or university you have attended, if applicable, or supply a high school or GED transcript if there are no transferable college or university credits.
- Applicants not meeting admissions requirements may appeal to the Admitting and Registration Committee
The required Bachelor of Arts in Mental Health Ministry courses (36 – credit hours) are:
|BST 2000||Beginning Biblical Interpretation||3|
|PSY 2010||Lifespan Development||3|
|SWK 3033||Intro to Trauma and Resiliency||3|
|SWK 3034||Death and Dying||3|
|PSY 3040||Personaility Theories||3|
|CHM 3042||Pastoral Care||3|
|SWK 3044||Substance Abuse||3|
|PSY 3050||Abnormal Psychology||3|
|TST 3051||Principles of Christian Theology||3|
|BST 3080||Interpretation for Teaching / Communicating||3|
|PSY 4020||Counseling Theories||3|
|SWK 4045||Special Topics||3|
Answer God’s Call
About Warner University
Warner University is a distinctly Christian university that strives to make a Christian liberal arts education accesible to all. We are committed to guiding individuals toward Christ-like character and intellectual maturity while equipping them to serve. We are located in beautiful Lake Wales, Florida, which is nearly the exact center of the Florida peninsula. We are just a short drive away from rapidly growing cities such as Lakeland and Winter Haven. At Warner we offer a variety of in-person and online degree plans. Choose Warner and answer God’s call, receiving an education that helps you pursue your dreams and grow closer to Christ.