COMPETE ACADEMICALLY TO WIN A FULL TUITION SCHOLARSHIP FOR FOUR YEARS
February 5, 2022
Our event will start at 9:00 am on Saturday February 5, 2022. We will have events for the parents and the students. The schedule of the day will be shared below. If you have any questions please let us know.
The Royal Cup event gives high school seniors an opportunity to show how they are unique and how they can make a difference at Warner University.
Students interested in competing in the Royal Cup need to submit a resumé, two letters of recommendation (not from a family member), and write a 500 word essay on what makes them unique.
During this weekend event, participants will have formal interviews with faculty and staff in their area of interest and will write an additional 500-word essay—prompt provided upon arrival. Parents will have sessions with our leadership team and have opportunities to ask questions they may have.
At the end of the weekend, Warner faculty judges will select ten finalists along with a top scholar.
Royal Cup participants must meet one of these academic qualifications.
- 3.5 cumulative GPA (unweighted)
- 23+ ACT score or 1130+ SAT score
- Top 15% of graduating class
Royal Cup participants must submit the following documents by January 28, 2022.
- Your application to Warner University
- Your most current resumé
- Two letters of recommendation – not from a family members
- A creative essay (500 words or less) on what makes you unique!
ROYAL CUP SCHEDULE
Saturday, February 5, 2022
- Check In and Welcome will begin at 9:00 am. The remaining schedule will made available on October 1, 2021.
ROYAL CUP FAQs
Who is eligible to register?
The Royal Cup is open to high-achieving high school seniors, graduating in 2022.
This event is not open to transfer students who have 24 credit hours or more and have completed at least one semester in college. If you are a transfer student and interested in competing in the Transfer Royal Cup, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What criteria will be used to determine Royal Cup scholarship winners?
Selection of top scholarship recipients will be based on rankings within these criteria:
- Professional Interview: During the Royal Cup event, each contestant will be interviewed by Warner faculty who will evaluate the student’s potential impact on the Warner community.
- Essay: Contestants will also be evaluated based on the 500-word essay they have submitted for this event.
What attire is appropriate for the Royal Cup weekend?
Participants should wear professional business attire for the event.
Can family members attend the Royal Cup with participating students?
Parents are encouraged to be on campus with students on Saturday to learn more about Warner. There will be time for parents to meet our leadership team and ask any questions they may have.
Parents will need to book lodging at one of several hotels in the area:
Will students receive anything for participating?
All Royal Cup participants will be awarded scholarships to Warner University. Please see the three award levels below:
- Warner University will give every student who attends Royal Cup weekend a $52,000 four-year renewable scholarship—$13,000 per year.
- Students who finish in the top ten will receive a $60,000 four-year renewable scholarship—$15,000 per year.
- One top scholar will be awarded a full-tuition scholarship—valued at $94,000 over four years.
When will Royal Cup scholarship winners be announced?
Winners will be scored and selected by a committee of judges and announced on Monday, February 21. Make sure to be following our social media pages!
All recipients will receive a letter from the Warner administration announcing scholarships.
What are the requirements for receiving Royal Cup scholarships?
In order to remain eligible for Royal Cup scholarships each year, winners must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA.