BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (B.A.) (ADULT ONLINE)
The Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration degree has been designed for working adults to advance their skills and abilities in general business. The program features instruction in the following areas:
- Management, marketing, human resource management, accounting, and finance courses
- Improvement of important leadership, management, and critical thinking skills
- A focus on key business concepts with integration of a Christian worldview
According to the Department of Labor, the unemployment rate for an individual with a bachelor’s degree is 5 percent while the unemployment rate for an individual with a high school diploma is 11.2 percent.
- College graduates will earn an average of 2.1 million in their lifetime compared to 1.2 million for a high school graduate.
- A college bachelor’s degree is worth $900,000 more in lifetime earnings than a high school diploma, according to a recent report from the U.S. Census Bureau.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the average annual earnings for high school graduates is $25,900 per year.
Program Mission and Outcomes
The mission of the Non-Traditional Education programs is to engage the Warner online community with a Christ-centered worldview and to prepare students/graduates for effective leadership and service which supports the institutional mission to graduate individuals who exemplify academic excellence and Christian character who are prepared to lead and committed to service.
Students majoring in Business Administration will meet the following three outcomes which coordinate with Warner University’s mission to provide academic excellence and a Christian learning environment.
- Students will demonstrate academic competence in at least one functional area.
- Graduates of the Online Business Administration Program will be able to compete favorably with peers for employment and/or continued education.
- Students will evaluate all business decisions from a Christian perspective.
- All online courses
- Professors with real-world business experience
- Outstanding faculty, diversity, and small student-to-professor ratio
- Accelerated degree completion program
- Financial assistance and scholarships
Freshman Admission Requirements:
Applicants must meet at least two of the three criteria to be admitted.
- Graduation from high school with academic rank in the upper half of their graduating class
- A high school grade point average of 2.25 or higher
- A composite score on the ACT of 18 or combined SAT I score of 940
Transfer Student Admission Requirements
(24 or more hours. Those with fewer than 24 hours are subject to Freshman Admission Requirements)
Must be in good academic and have at least a GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Complete an application.
- Submit official transcripts from each college or university you have attended, if applicable, or supply a high school or GED transcript if there are no transferable college or university credits.
- Applicants not meeting admissions requirements may appeal to the Admitting and Registration Committee
The Required core courses for Business Administration (36 credit hours)
|ACC 3025||Accounting for Managers||3|
|BUS 3006||Principles of Management||3|
|BUS 3025||Managerial Communication||3|
|BUS 3061||Business Law I||3|
|BUS 3370||Management of Innovation and Technology||3|
|BUS 4030||Human Resource Management||3|
|BUS 4450||Leadership in Business||3|
|BUS 4095||Seminar in Organizational Strategy and Policy||3|
|BUS 4310||Negotiation and Conflict Management||3|
|BUS 4660||Finance for Managers||3|
|ECO 3025||Survey of Economics||3|
|Additional courses required for graduation|
|REL 3000||Christian Faith and Scriptures||3|
|UNV 3050||BA Adult Student Seminar||1|