Hospitality & Event Management
The bachelor of science in Hospitality and Event Management will prepare students to become employees in some of the region’s largest industries. The program is designed for students seeking a management position in the hospitality industry. The hospitality industry encompasses restaurants, hotels, event planning, theme parks, resorts, sports teams, and even cruise lines.
Undergraduate students in the Hospitality & Event Management program should be able to demonstrate the following abilities:
- Digest and find applicable situations where content theory can be utilized in the practical contexts.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply ethical principles to hospitality and event management issues, policies, and practices and evaluate their implications.
- Understand and communicate the hospitality and event management process and evaluate best practices.
- Evaluate the historical, political, and social contexts and empirical support for the hospitality and event management industries.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the research process by conducting original research and by analyzing existing data.