At Warner University, we want you to own your faith by growing as a committed follower of Christ. We’re not talking going through the motions; this is a caring community designed to bring passion to your calling. You’re surrounded by professors and classmates who are just as ready to grow as you.
The Spiritual Life Programming works as a scaffolding to help you grow. The events and groups challenge you to push further and to act on what you’re learning. This truly is love in action.
Spiritual Life Week
Bible Studies and Prayer Groups
Ongoing Spiritual Life Growth Opportunities
The purpose of Chapel is to:
- Celebrate and build community.
- Present the claims of the Gospel of Jesus Christ as recorded in Holy Scripture.
- Inspire worship and praise that glorifies God.
- Promote faith development and Christian maturity.
- Examine current issues from a Christian perspective and worldview.
Chapel constitutes one of the core parts of your growth and experience at Warner. That’s why you’re expected to attend every Tuesday and Thursday at the South Lake Wales Church of God.
You’re allowed up to 6 excused absences per semester for sick days, personal and family emergencies, and any school-related activities.
We want to make sure that Chapel is an orderly and worshipful experience for everyone. Really, that just means respecting those in the community. To make sure everything goes smoothly, we ask all students to keep some key principles in mind:
- Reverence – We’re gathered to worship the Sovereign God of the Universe! Keep that in mind and maintain honor and respect for the One we worship in all that we do.
- Respect – At Warner, you’ll worship together with people from a wide variety of church backgrounds with many perspectives. So, show respect for those who are leading, even if it’s not your worship preference. Respond to the leader’s requests, such as standing to worship, being quiet to pray, etc. Don’t talk with your neighbors during singing and when the speaker is speaking. Also, please refrain from getting up to go to the restroom while the speaker is addressing the audience. If you have to go, then please wait in the back until the speaker is finished.
- Attention – You’ll get much more out of the experience if you’re really into it. Leave your electronic devices behind (that means your cellphone, iPods, tablets, etc.). Chapel is not the place to do homework or catch up on your reading. And this is good stuff, so sleep’s not an option. Please sit up and pay attention to the message God has for us individually and as a community.
- Proper Attire – The point of attention should be on God … not your clothes. So, dress appropriately. Provocative dress has no place on campus, much less in chapel. Short shorts, skirts, dresses, and revealing tops are out. Don’t slap on that athletic wear, and remove your hat upon entering chapel.
- No Food or Drinks – We love snacks as much as you, but out of reverence and respect, please discard all food and drinks before entering the chapel.