The Director of Career Counseling helps students discover God’s plan for their future. Students who avail themselves of this opportunity will have support in:
- Choosing a Major
- Choosing a Career Path
- Writing a Resume
- Writing a Cover Letter
- Select and Applying to Graduate Schools
- Honing Etiquette Skills
- Searching Career Fields
- Exploring Volunteer Opportunities
- Assistance in searching and applying for jobs
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
Career Counseling 4-Year Plan
Career Counseling Newsletters
Career Quick Links
- careers.org: Offers in-depth occupation profiles for thousands of careers, which contain specific information including: the nature of work; average earnings; underlying training and education; related occupations; and corresponding academic programs. Our occupation profiles will even allow you the opportunity to find local earnings and job prospect information by inputting your zip code, while also providing informative video profiles.
- Peterson’s Grad School: www.petersons.com/graduate-schools.aspx
- Graduate School Guide: www.graduateguide.com
- Graduate Programs: www.graduateprograms.com
- MBAOnlineProgram: Learn about what it takes to get into grad school ans what graduate degrees are available to study.
- MastersDegreeOnline.org/International-Students-Guide: A comprehensive resource for prospective international students who are looking to study in the US.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics: www.bls.gov
- Employ Florida: www.employflorida.com
- Career Transitions: www.flelibrary.org
- Salary by State: Shows the career trend, Bureau of Labor Statistics salary & job growth statistics, as well as, real-time job listing salary postings for each career per state. salarystate.org
- Lawyer EDu: Gives step-by-step requirements on becoming a lawyer or attorney. Breaks down each educational requirement in every state and jurisdiction. View the example Florida page here: www.lawyeredu.org/florida.html
- Master of Social Work: The ultimate resource for students and professionals who are interested in earning a Master of Social Work online. www.onlinemswprograms.com
- GRE Resource: www.mometrix.com/academy/gre-test
- Glassdoor: www.glassdoor.com/index.htm
Career Counseling and Job Search Resources
- MyPlan.com: Students gain clarity in choosing a major and career path by taking assessments in the areas of personality, skills, interest, and values. Contact Mrs. Moyer for access information.
- College Central Network: Warner’s exclusive online job board that provides both students and alumni with the ability to search available jobs and internships. Students can build and upload their resumes and portfolios for employers to view.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: A publication of the United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics that includes information about the nature of work, working conditions, training and education, earnings, and job outlook for hundreds of different occupations.
- O*Net: The nation’s primary source of occupational information. Central to the project is the O*Net database, containing information on hundreds of standardized and occupation-specific descriptors. The database is continually updated by surveying a broad range of workers from each occupation.
- Resume Tips: An informational guide to writing resumes and cover letters, preparing for interviews, dressing for success, graduate school and personal statements.
- IT Career Paths: IT Career Paths is your place to find your next career in the field of Information Technology. With the resources on this site, you can learn what kinds of technology careers are in demand, what those careers are like, and how to contact employers who are looking for individuals with your set of skills.
- Post College Launch: This site contains vital information for people who have just graduated from college or are soon to graduate concerning next steps. If you have someone in your family who meets this criteria, you might want to direct them to this useful site.
- Human Services: Career Development Resource
- Take Control of Your Online Reputation: Understand why taking control of your reputation online is vital. Studies now show that over 90% of employers perform an online search of their candidates before setting up a face-to-face interview.
- www.howtobecome.com: It’s full of plenty of tips and guides on how to become… anything! It’s a great resource and starting-off point for people unsure of how to get into a certain career.
- Life Guides: Library of hundreds of videos that explore different career paths, from consulting to teaching. The videos are all from people who have “been there, done that” and wanted to share their experiences with young people who are thinking about what to pursue.
Contact Mrs. Autumn Moyer at email@example.com or at 863-638-7654. Connect with her on social media sites, Twitter (moyer_autumn) and Facebook (Warner University Career Counseling).
- College Central Network: www.collegecentral.com\warner
- Letter to Parents (PDF)