HR / Career Opportunities
Security Officer – Part Time
Basic Function: Provide the campus with a crime prevention and life safety presence. Detect, prevent, and report any potential security deficiencies. Investigate specific instances of crime, or suspicious activity, and report the vital information. Provide a physical presence on campus by patrolling all areas.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the protection of life and property of the university and students
- Investigate and report all university and student losses to fire, robbery, burglary, vandalism, theft, etc.
- Provide for the locking and unlocking of campus buildings
- Assist in parking routing for University events and chapel parking
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Campus Safety & Security
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively and have good writing, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Bi-lingual ability is a plus
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Driver’s License
- Ability to work well either alone or as part of the team
Applicants must be at least 21 Years of Age, and have a clean driving record. Applicants may apply in person by coming to the Business Office in Ratzlaff Building to complete Employment Application or submit an application via the Warner University website.
Office of Student Life
Program Support Assistant
The Student Life Department Program Support Assistant is responsible for responding to the operational needs of the overall work of the Office of Student Life, and assisting both the Dean of Students and office personnel. This employee is expected to work closely with the Dean of Students so that gained insight can aid in the anticipation of needs among office staff; a partnership of office management is anticipated with the more fluid tasks required of other office employees. This employee should be easily identifiable as possessing an overall feeling of ownership of the hub of office life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain an orderly and welcoming office environment, greet all visitors with pleasant and professional demeanor, assist in managing inquiries for time or appointments needed with the Dean of Students and office personnel, and aid visitors in locating campus resources and services as needed.
- Act as a positive example for students in attitude, dress, conduct, etc. and through performance of personal, professional and work activities.
- Give appropriate direction to student employees within the Student Life office. Perform and/or delegate administrative duties such as answering the phones, and maintaining office supplies and equipment. Carry out such supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the University’s policies and applicable laws.
- Address student concerns and complaints, and work toward problem resolution with students.
- Provide program support to the Dean of Students and office personnel with calendar oversight/coordination, task management as well as and correspondence and scheduling of appointments for the Dean of Students.
- Participate in the planning of all Student Life programming such as New Student Orientation.
- Manage the day to day operations of the Student Life office. Organize work files and information for events and meetings. Take notes at meetings as needed, set up supplies needed for office events. Work with office staff to support coordination of events, assist with materials creation and resource management, set-up room and/ or facility needs.
- Assist in the coordination of transportation and reservation needs of students in the execution of student activities.
- Maintain student files associated with the work of the Office of Student Life, assist students with minor medical or emotional needs in setting up appointments with the Campus Nurse or Campus Counselor.
- Represent Warner University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interact effectively with diverse faculty, staff, students and other groups.
- Handle confidential information with tact, discretion and in compliance with FERPA and HIPPA regulations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Dean of Students.
Knowledge, Skills and Education Required:
- Computer programs and database use (general).
- Office support.
- Event planning and coordination.
- Fundamental understanding of human development processes.
- Highly organized and self-starting. Ability to multi-task, anticipate need and manage
- Must possess a high level of interpersonal skills and professionalism.
- Sensitivity to working with young adults in a multicultural setting is imperative.
- Ability to perform duties in a high-traffic, high-energy environment.
- Proficient in typing and database input producing accurate finished product.
- Professional dress to reflect environment and office ethos is required.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- Completion of college degree preferred. Focus on human services or management preferred.
Applicants should send a letter of interest and resume to Mrs. Dawn Meadows, Dean of Students, email@example.com
Employment is contingent upon Florida Department of Law Enforcement background verification, to include fingerprinting for candidates. Warner University is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
- We are currently not hiring faculty positions at this time.